background

Monday, September 20, 2010

What A Great Weekend It Was


Is it just me, or does one FANTASTIC evening outweigh all of the stress from a hellish week?? Last week, I felt like, was never going to end. From Monday to Saturday, I was basically living at work. {We're short staffed and hiring 16 newbies by October, so if your looking for part time work. Here's my plug for the U Village Anthropologie} The days that I was initially scheduled off, I found myself working an extra long shift. The days that I was intended to be off in the afternoon, I was found staying an extra few hours and the time I was scheduled to arrive slowly crept closer to the time that I WANTED to be rolling out of my bed, and getting a cup O' joe. Needless to say, last week was long. {BTW - I am thrilled that my managers think of me as one of the "more capable" new-er hires, and I am also thrilled that I made some extra money this week :)} On top of the working, it's fall and Jacob started full time kindergarten this year, we're trying to find our groove for the school year and Trey is home while Jakie and I are gone. It's a period of adjustment for my whole little family!

Anywho, back to my original thought. I had been looking forward to last Saturday for weeks. I had a dinner planned with great friends, it was my one night without the kids, I REALLY wanted to enjoy the life I have a little bit!

Saturday could not have been a slower, fast paced day at work... As soon as I got off, I headed straight for the restaurant my friends were at. We had great food, took some great pictures, talked about how much we missed each other and we were all so excited to get together. {did I mention the bulk of our group were all together just four hours prior to dinner taking place.... yeah, we're all THAT close :P} After dinner, we went to Unicorn, such a fun place with a great atmosphere. Our group slowly began to fizzle, and the 5 of us remaining, decided to go dancing! Best. Idea. Ever. I kid you, not. It was amazing!

Upon walking into this dance place, I ran into a familiar face, which was fun... but as we settled into our place on the dance floor I realized there were a TON of old friends/classmates there, as well! It was so great to reconnect with so many great people. And to end this night of fun, I was walking to my car and it was like the sky opened up and dumped a few thousand gallons of water on the streets of Seattle. I couldn't help but laugh, and there was no way to keep from getting soaked... so.... like a child, I puddle jumped my way back to the car.

I don't know why this night was so magically blissful, but it was exactly what I needed. The perfect end to a long, stressful week!

I have to say, it was so much fun to let go of my inhibitions and jump through the puddles like I was the only one in the city! When I finally made it to my car, all I could do was laugh.... BIGGEST DORK EVER!!!!

Then next day, I woke up to go to work, but in a different way. I photographed an event that was held at my store. It was so much fun! I have to say, right now, it is so easy for me to find the sweet center of what seems to be a hard sour life. I know it's just for now, but it is so good. I'm all about finding the beauty in the letdown, but when the beauty is just handed to you on a platter, take it! Embrace every moment of those times! It far outweighs the letdown.


Until next time.


angela

1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh and cry!!! I'm so proud of you and how far you've come. God has great things in store for you!! You are truly a Beauty in the Letdown!!! I love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete