background

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Repeat...repeat....repeat

Sometimes, the words just don't come easily. Either that or the previous "message" is on repeat...

"pain, on pain, on play repeating. With a back-up, make shift life in waiting..."

This is a line from one of my favorite songs, by Imogen Heap. {SHE IS AMAZING {SIDE NOTE: I WENT TO HER CONCERT LAST MONDAY AND SHE BLEW ME AWAY} IF YOU'RE NOT FAMILIAR WITH HER MUSIC - ACQUAINT YOURSELF, HERE} This line runs through my head frequently! It sounds a bit bazaar that such a sorrow-filled lyric would permeate itself in my daily "doings", but it holds an astounding amount of truth! We get comfortable with our day-to-day process, and continually repeat the same mistakes, OVER and OVER again!

What it {THIS PAIN} repeats itself as, in my life, is: SELF WORTH! {OR THE LACK THERE OF} Sometimes, I feel, if i could just tweak, and or nix my past, I find myself a little more valuable. Can anyone relate?! Its the twisted thought of, "If I hadn't done THAT, I would be more deserving of THIS!" WRONG!!! I am realizing that what I've done, and where I've been DOES NOT define me, however, it HAS shaped who I am, today!

"You cannot amputate your history from your destiny!"
-Beth Moore

Let me break it down for you: If in my short life, I hadn't been broken in the ways that I have been, I would have missed out on so much! The joy of having children, the love for people that I have discovered, the growth that has come, and continues to come... the list goes on!!! My life is less than ideal on so many levels, but the passion that comes from the experience, far surpasses the pain and suffering that I've endured!!

Back to the repetition part of this post, {I TEND TO RUN ON TANGENTS! FORGIVE ME?} As much as it hurts, our mistakes repeat themselves over and over until we've learned what we're intended to learn. Sometimes it takes a while for the light bulb to flip on, but i guarantee, my friend, once it does - It. Is. Good!

There is so much hope and so many blessings to come! Just a few weeks ago, my pastor described it like this: {MY WORDS, NOT HIS} Transformation {the painful part} feels like the end of existences.

When a babe is being born, that baby is scared. Scared to the point where it believes IT IS OVER! What that baby doesn't know is the pure and simple factor that a FULL life awaits just beyond this stage of transition.

Friend, after the pain, THERE IS LIFE!!! I'm not sure you know just how excited this is to me! I hope you can join my excitement, in this!

E-mail if you want! I'd love to hear from you! I hope you enjoy!

until next time,


angela

sorry for the errors.... I'm running late! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment