background

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fixated

"For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever."

2 Corinthians 4:17, 18

Life can be so confusing! I will NOW run the risk of sounding like a broken record, in saying:

WE CANNOT SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE!!!

Just when I began to feel like I had figured out enough that I wouldn't have to see the future, I started thinking about NEW dilemma's, that could hinder my well-being... Life can literally turn on a DIME. You'd think after 2 unplanned pregnancies, {one at 17, and the other at 21} I would have that theory figured out! {DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT TELLING YOU THAT I AM PREGNANT! LETS PUT THAT TO REST before IT EVEN POSES AS A QUESTION.} What I am talking about is this: things seem great, BETTER THAN YOU IMAGINED, at one moment, and the next your on you're knees wondering if that circumstance will EVER be within your reach. I am a firm believer in the fact that, if it is the desire of your heart, God will in some way bring satisfaction to those desires, as long as you are actively pursuing - no, SEEKING His will for your life.

Where I get caught up is when I feel that desire is almost at a point where I can grasp it, and it just slips through the CrAcKs. I forget that my timing is anything BUT perfect. My timing is selfish, and Gods timing - well, His timing is perfect. PURE. When I am ready, He will provide me with exactly what I need. For all of us, this NEED {desire} is different. It could be a dream job, love, a home to call your own, children - whatever that may look like for you, I encourage you to fix your eyes on things above and not the ROAD BLOCKING, circumstances you may be living, in this moment. Fix your gaze on the One with the perfect timing, and EVERYTHING will fall into place. {it's not going to be easy, but it's worth it!} Until next time!

angela

1 comment:

  1. Girl...you are getting so wise!!!

    Love you LOTS!!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete