background

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Portion

My life is so unbelievably rich! I have so much to be thankful for. More than I really need. But I've fallen into the habit of looking at what other people have and desiring more. The grass is always greener, no?! I have two beautiful boys that I *adore*. The support of my amazingly, unique family. I'm part of an awesome church that I feel embraced by - but there is always something just out of reach that I want. Right now, that something is my 20's. I would love to know what it's like to be 25 and care free! To go to concerts without having to wake up at seven thirty the next morning. Or having to wake up - but with the freedom to take a three hour nap later in the day. I would love to take a spontaneous road trip, or book a flight to a random far off land and stay there until the money runs out! I would love all of those things - but that is not realistic! {obviously- laughable, really!}And I'm good with that! I am LEARNING and GROWING and fixing my eyes on things above - that's really the only place I'll find fulfillment for my desires! Knowing that there is a God that loves me and fits where that missing piece is. He is my portion.

Because of the Lords great love we are not consumed, for his compassions NEVER fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."
Lamentations 3:22-24

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! <3 When I was in my 20's, and able to be carefree, I was so obsessed with finding a husband that I didn't stop to enjoy my freedom. When I found my husband (that was truly worth the wait) I couldn't wait to have kids. Most of my life I've spent anxiously waiting for the next milestone instead of relaxing and enjoying where I'm at. I've finally learned (almost) to do that.

    ReplyDelete