background

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

cherished

I met for coffee with a mom from my sons school today. She knew tid bits of my story from brief interactions on the playground as we'd watch our kids play. Yesterday, she asked me if we could grab coffee. I of course, said yes. It just so happened that we were both free this morning.
We met and this is what I received:
'Dear Angela,
These scriptures are yours from your Father.
Zeph 3:17
"The Lord your God is with you. He is mighty enough to save you. He will take great delight in you. The quietness of his love will calm you down. He will sing with joy because of you."
Isaiah 62:3 & 12
"You will be like a glorious crown in my strong hand. You will be like a royal crown in my powerful hand."
"They(she) will be called The Holy People. The Lord will set them(her) free. And Jerusalem(she) will be named The City the Lord Cares About. It(she) won't be deserted anymore."
Isaiah 61:10,11
"The people of Jerusalem will say, "We take great delight in the Lord. We are joyful because we belong to our God.
He has dressed us with salvation as if it were our clothes.
He has put robes of godliness on us. We are like a groom who is dressed up for his wedding.
We are like a bride who decorates herself with her jewels.
The soil makes the young plant come up. A garden causes seeds to grow. In the SAME way, the Lord and King will make godliness grow.
And all of the nations will praise him."
The Lord delights in you, Angela, as a groom delights in his bride.
He cherishes you!
You are a gift to him.
Let his loving arms continue to hold you close to his heart- YOU are cherished.
<3 Jesus'
As this fellow mom was reading this scripture to me, I was in tears. She barely knows me and certainly doesn't know what I've been feeling for the last few months - how? Just, how?
THIS is how I know the Holy Spirit is at work in my life. In my boys lives. In my waiting. In my hurting.
Remarkable. I am so encouraged. My heart is flourishing. It's one thing to read it in a book, but to have someone say, "This is what the Lord has prompted me to tell you." I am blown away. PTL for being SO good. For cherishing me. For delighting in ME!! PTL

No comments:

Post a Comment