background

Friday, June 1, 2012

process

One of my friends posted to Facebook today, "Trusting the process...". This statement is so rich and wise. I'm learning to trust the process that God has laid out for me. The path is narrow, and it's so easy to get sidetracked. I've said it before, but I'm so used to taking matters into my own hands and making decisions that in hindsight I "regret", to some extent of the word. I do not regret the process and I do not regret where I am because of my decisions -- I regret not letting God take the reigns. I regret stepping on the people I did because of my selfish desire to figure out my plan on my own. I regret feeling broken, and isolating myself because I thought I could fare without. But boy, I so do not regret what I know now. The last year has been difficult - and I am so thankful that He's not finished with me. Far greater things ahead than the things we leave behind, right C.S. Lewis?

1 comment:

  1. :) I'm right there with you. It's a tough thing to do but at some point we gotta give in and "Trust the process". Your friend IS wise. ;)

    ReplyDelete